Data Migration Tools
Complex data migrations or clean-up made easy.
End user batch import / export made even easier.
DocMigrator provides functionality to migrate data between repositories on the same platform or across platforms, or even back to the source to do a data cleanup. Functionality includes:
- Rules-based mapping of metadata: replacement, concatenation, substrings, query-based updates, adding and dropping values.
- Handling of versions, renditions and virtual documents.
- Migration of related objects, including remapping of object IDs (for WebPublisher)
- Keep original creation / modify dates and users
For Documentum only, SysMigrator allows migration of all system objects required to support migrating content from one environment to another, including:
- Users, groups, roles
- Workflow templates
- Jobs and Methods
- Registered tables
- TBOs / SBOs
- Any custom system objects
BatchPorter simplifies end user batch import and export, and even automated processing (using Background Transfer Agent BTA). It uses Excel for the metadata. Key features:
- Creation of drop-downs in the Excel from Documentum data dictionaries to facilitate subsequent import mapping
- Handling of versions and renditions
- Import and export of virtual documents / folder hierarchies
- Creation of folders as required
- Creation of an “errors” Excel sheet containing failed items to be re-run separately
Client use cases
US Government Institution
This government office rented the Migration Tools for a one-off upgrade activity when deploying a new Documentum version.
Global pharmaceutical company
This company uses the BatchPorter tool to import several hundred clinical documents at a time which are part of clinical studies being run by external companies.
Major global bank
This bank uses the Migration Tools to migrate data between Documentum repositories inside and outside the firewall, to synchronise information.
Our clients opinions
As a closet-case developer, I think I couldn’t have designed the product any better. We chose the product because it was a clear leader among the others. It is truly a great product and designed with the user in mind (simplicity to achieve business processes).
We did a comparison of D2 vs. CARA to replace Webtop and found CARA to be far superior in the features our users, as well as Administrators, value. In addition to a very robust, stable, and highly configurable product, there were two other things that tipped the scales dramatically in favor of CARA. One was the responsiveness of Generis to suggestions for enhancements and the remarkable turn-around time in which we were given the updates for testing purposes. Read the Press Release.