CARA Integration with AdobeSign or DocuSign
Digital signature for Documentum
Compliance made simple
It is increasingly important to be able to ensure compliance on all kinds of business-critical content, from patient healthcare records to government applications and legal or human resources documents. CARA provides the best of breed content management user interface and configuration / business rules layer for creating content, and AdobeSign or DocuSign lets you sign documents electronically and easily send documents for electronic signature in a safe, secure, and legally binding manner.
- Create your content inside Documentum using CARA – fully configurable next generation UI
- Select your document and click a button to send for AdobeSign or DocuSign signature
- Select recipients from within Documentum or any external email
- CARA stores a record of the signature request (envelope ID)
- Document is sent encrypted to the AdobeSign or DocuSign server with unique envelope ID generated from CARA
- Recipient receives an email with a link to open the document
- From any device (mobile phone, tablet, computer) user can draw a signature and save it to the document
- Security includes multiple levels of authentication to increase the thresholds required by signers to prove their identity (e.g. PIN by SMS)
- Tag and anchor the signature to specific locations
- Signed documents and audit trails are maintained AdobeSign’s or DocuSign’s tamper-proof storage system
- CARA monitors for return of signed PDF, using the object ID and AdobeSign envelope ID
- PDF uploaded to Documentum to replace content, or as additional rendition, or as a dm_relation
- Audit trail entry created
- CARA Dashboards allow reporting on signature status across documents
- We can provide Validation documentation for CARA and AdobeSign or DocuSign
- Reduces the time to deployment of a fully validated solution
- Enables customers to meet industry regulations such as 21 CFR Part 11
- We provides additional project management / implementation services
Client use cases
US Government Institution
This government office rented the Migration Tools for a one-off upgrade activity when deploying a new Documentum version.
Global pharmaceutical company
This company uses the BatchPorter tool to import several hundred clinical documents at a time which are part of clinical studies being run by external companies.
Major global bank
This bank uses the Migration Tools to migrate data between Documentum repositories inside and outside the firewall, to synchronise information.